“Take your everyday, ordinary life — your sleeping, eating, going-to-work,
and walking-around life — and place it before God as an offering.”
Romans 12:1, The Message
In the fall of 2010, I found myself crying over a onesie. I was exhausted, depressed, and reeling from the special needs diagnosis my infant son had received earlier that year. But in that moment, I heard God’s voice more clearly than ever before. I realized God had created my sweet Joey exactly as He intended him to be. Joey was created on purpose, for a purpose… and so were my other kids… and so was I. And so are you!
Since that day, my mission has been clear: to live in the purpose of who God created me to be, and to help other women do the same. I hope every encounter with me leaves you feeling encouraged in your faith, intentional in your commitments and words, and purposeful in your everyday life. I want you to see yourself—and your family—as masterpieces in the making.
Fun facts about me…
- I’m adopted, and I love the way adoption paints a picture of God’s love for us.
- I met Jesus at an early age, having grown up in a Christian home and Bible-preaching church. And though I have definitely wandered at times, He has always welcomed me back with open arms, for which I am eternally grateful.
- I’m an introvert who loves people and adores being on stage. I don’t really know how to process this for you, but it’s true.
- While we’re talking about contradictions, I hate coffee but can hardly resist a Starbucks. I know. But their Chai lattes are so great (especially with pumpkin spice or chestnut praline!), and their green tea lemonade is life changing!
- My husband Jon and I met when I was 12 years old, but he basically didn’t know I was alive until I was in college. (He is five years older than I am, after all! The difference between 20 & 25 is WAY different than 12 & 17!) We got married in 2001 and have been loving life together ever since!
- I have three amazing children who daily provide me with material of every variety.
- My youngest has Down syndrome and constantly teaches and inspires me.
- When my oldest was an infant, MOPS absolutely saved my sanity, which is why I have such a heart for MOPS and other moms’ groups to this day!
Do you want to live out God's purpose for you in your everyday life? Sign up now to get my tips for discovering who God has created YOU to be!